Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours outside of Panama to reset a tourist visa?

There has been a lot of discussion of this topic, but I have never been able to find the answer in print. Does anyone know where I can find the law stating how long I need to be out of country to reset my visa? The common answer is 72 hours, but I can't find it anywhere in print. Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by becky7474 View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion of this topic, but I have never been able to find the answer in print. Does anyone know where I can find the law stating how long I need to be out of country to reset my visa? The common answer is 72 hours, but I can't find it anywhere in print. Thanks in advance for your help.
    I haven't been able to find what you're looking for either but generally, leaving the country and returning the same day would be the way to go. The thing is that most people don't do that because they are not near the border with Costa Rica.
    Most people just get an extension. If you do get an extension, remember you will need to obtain a permit to leave the country. The cost is just $1.
    Last edited by magamaga; 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks!! We are within an hour of the border, so it is very doable for us.

The extensions are at the immigration offices in major cities? How many times can you extend your tourist visa? (US passport stamp)

I know that it is the law in Costa Rica to leave for the 72 hours and I wonder if that is where we got the 72 hours here in Panama.

Comment

Working...
      X