Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Italian - American citizen residing US visa process permanent residency visa Panama Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian - American citizen residing US visa process permanent residency visa Panama

Request direction to acquire permanent residency in Panama via Treaty of friendship with Italy. What documents are required and which can authenticated at Panama consulate in U.S.? Italians residing overseas can obtain a Certifcato di Residenza which serves as I.D. out of Italy. Have supporting docs., i.e. current Italian passport, Codice Fiscale, and certificates issued by consulate. Can my wife be included with the visa application? What docs and or applications requirements will needed to be completed in Panama? In my case I have dual citizenship Italy and USA. First post and just registered.

Hey CT Yankee,
    did you even get more info on this process? or did you manage to complete it? My husband is an Italian citizen so we have started on this (basically gathering the forms and fingerprints for the FBI records check). After we get back the records check we are going to gather all other info and find a good (honest) immigration lawyer in Panama City to complete the process. Any info or advice would be great!

Thanks

Comment

ToLynn,
      The treaty though in place is not so easy to use. The Panama government has decided the Italy requirements for Panama citizens to entry Italy was much more demanding then Italians entering Panama. So the bar has been raised. I have tried communicating with the consulate in Houston with no results. A honest lawyer in Panama indicated the best approach if I desired to work was to set up a company. LOL because you have to pay annual fees and fillings and also consider the cost of closing the company in the future. Please come back with your email address as I am interested in your husband Italian history. yankeepaddler(at)sbcglobal.net

CT

Comment

Working...
      X